Monday, November 8, 2010

Tummy Cramps, Dizziness and Headaches, oh my!

This past weekend started off wonderfully - incredible tummy cramping began yesterday :(. Today when I tried to make it to work, I lasted an hour, and had to call my dad (at age 24) to come pick me up. I guess you can never be too old to call on your parents. How great they are though... at the drop of a hat, dad picked me up and I was at home in bed; mom frequently checking on me to make sure I was ok. I fell asleep waiting for the Tylenol to kick in. What amazes me the most is how FAST things can change. How fast our health can change in the blink of a second. I think the biggest thing that gets me down is not having control over my body, but I guess thats something I need to learn to accept with Crohn's. And I hate having to call in to work to cancel, but I guess thats something else I need to learn to cope with - its gunna happen. Sometime's learning to love the skin your in can be the toughest thing - its easy to love yourself when things are going great, but when things aren't... how do you manage to not beat yourself up for the way you feel? Maybe its the scientist and perfectionist in me: thinking I can fix everything myself.

Cheers to better health,
Ash

No comments:

Post a Comment