Monday, November 21, 2011

Guest Post: Corinne's Story


Hello everybody!  Colon Girl here from the Poopie Pantz blog at colongirl1.blogspot.com.  I was invited to do a guest post on this wonderful blog and I was soooo flattered!  It makes me so happy to know that some people are actually reading me.  It feels like a dream most of the time.  

Okay, well enough with the mushy stuff and let's get to the actual blog post stuff.  I am not going to ramble on and on about the problem I know we all have.  Unless, you don't and are reading this blog out of pure entertainment/medical reasons.  I think I speak for many when this disease needs to have more public access.  We need to talk about it, people!!!!  Because having to explain something like this to anyone who hasn't a clue what colitis or Crohn's is, is like re-living the experience.  Well, I guess it's good in the way we are being open about talking about our illness.  But I get tired of explaining it time after time to people.  

Well, I've been asked by many of my teachers throughout the years, and I'm sure you have to, a certain question. 

If you were on a stranded island what 3 items would you take and why?

I don't know about you, but my answer to that has changed like a ba-gillion times.  My illness has had a gigantic part in my "always changing decision" process, but also my age too.  I'm not that indecisive, I swear.  I think.  (Hehe...did you get that?)

Okay.  On to my answers to this question.  When I was ten years old, my answers were similar to 1. a dog 2. a CD player 3. a CD.  Yes, it was the 90's.  I had a discman.  Now, if you think about it too much your head will explode because it just does not make sense.  What happens when the batteries run out?  How will you eat?  What do you think the dog was for, just kidding!!!!  I love dogs sooo much!  I am going to be the crazy dog lady one day, instead of a bunch of cats. 

Back on topic.  It's not the logic of your answer.  The question is to make you think about what you deem important in your life.  I kinda tweaked the rules a bit, so 3 things on an island would be enough.  

You don't have to worry about food, shelter, or getting off the island.  So there are clothes for you, a house, and meals.  And your family is already with you, so you don't have to ask for them.

So my answers are now:
1. indoor plumbing/toilet
2. a dog
3. a book

Indoor plumbing and toilets go hand in hand, here, right?  Do I have any objections?  What's the main reason we have indoor plumbing?  And I could care less about toilet paper.  I'm on an island.  I'll use leaves.  When I said I love dogs, I really meant it.  I cannot live without one, that's how important they are to me.  A book because I love reading.  Also, I need something to keep me company in the bathroom.  And, no, I'm not bringing the dog into the bathroom.

What are your 3 things?

Thanks for reading this post!  Again, I'm Colon Girl at colongirl1.blogspot.com.  Have a safe and happy Holiday!  I wish you all the best!

- Corinne

No comments:

Post a Comment